Thursday, December 21, 2006
Torture chamber closed
The notorious Woreda 8 torture chamber had been dismantled by TPLF after diplomatic pressure. Woreda 8 special task force took control of the investigation of the case of the civil disobedience calendar in September and tortured at least 49 people including the businessman, Alemayehu Fantu. Two were killed when being tortured. According to sources, following the exposition of the chamber by the human rights group Amnesty International, intense diplomatic pressure on the government forced it to close the chamber.
- ► 2007 (230)
- kinijit activist defects to Switzerland
- From paris a blogger speaks...Andrew Heavens denie...
- EPRDF kills a kid
- Police kills a young man escaping round-up
- Torture chamber closed
- TPLF starts Derg style "Affesa"
- The talented millenium celebration council
- Assefa Abrha's emotional statement sends court att...
- Andreas Eshete establishes a human rights center t...
- Aklilu Solomon, attorney in the Kinijit trial, def...
- More on Meles's message to CUD leaders
- ▼ December (11)