Former UEDP-Medihn Member, kinijit activist and freelance journalist, Ashenafi Kebede, has arrived at Switzerland safely after the TPLF regime started pursuing him for distributing Brehanu Nega's book and the civil disobedience calendar which landed several kinijit supporters in jail. Ashenafi was one of the first members to leave UEDP-Medihn after he learnt the dictatorial tendencies of the now disgraced politician, Lidetu Ayalew.
Ashenafi went missing after government forces started trailing supporters of kinijit who were involved in distributing the civil disobedience calendar. Police searched his house twice after he left it without telling family and friends.
- ► 2007 (230)
- kinijit activist defects to Switzerland
- From paris a blogger speaks...Andrew Heavens denie...
- EPRDF kills a kid
- Police kills a young man escaping round-up
- Torture chamber closed
- TPLF starts Derg style "Affesa"
- The talented millenium celebration council
- Assefa Abrha's emotional statement sends court att...
- Andreas Eshete establishes a human rights center t...
- Aklilu Solomon, attorney in the Kinijit trial, def...
- More on Meles's message to CUD leaders
- ▼ December (11)