More than hundred students of Africa Andenet elementary school near Piassa were protesting against the action of the federal police after one of the students was shot dead today. The kids claimed that they couldn't learn when one of their own was killed for no reason. They were chanting "Leba, leba, police leba, bereket Leba, Meles Leba". Tens of students were latter arrested by the federal police. Students of Brehane Ethiopia, which is located at Arat Kilo, joined the protestors. Eye witnesses said the kids who were protesting were between the ages of 9 and 13.
Many Internet cafes in Addis Ababa are being told to register users by the federal police. Registration forms have been distributed by the police to some of them. An Intenet cafe owner at the Ayer Tena area told this blogger that even though he received the forms he wouldn't obey the orders and chase his clients away. Although most Ethiopian pro-democracy websites are shut down, people are massively using anonymous proxy servers to access them . The registration of users in internet cafes is intended to deter readers of political websites, observers say.
Tomorrow: What happened to Menbere Tadesse, a kinijit activist?
- ► 2007 (230)
- kinijit activist defects to Switzerland
- From paris a blogger speaks...Andrew Heavens denie...
- EPRDF kills a kid
- Police kills a young man escaping round-up
- Torture chamber closed
- TPLF starts Derg style "Affesa"
- The talented millenium celebration council
- Assefa Abrha's emotional statement sends court att...
- Andreas Eshete establishes a human rights center t...
- Aklilu Solomon, attorney in the Kinijit trial, def...
- More on Meles's message to CUD leaders
- ▼ December (11)