A crowd of young people celebrating the Holy Epiphany denounced EPRDF's rule. The protestors shouted slogans, which called for the release of Kinijit leaders and other political prisoners in front of the palace. A few demonstrators were heard chanting, "Woyane is thief!" as palace guards watch them alertly.
The celebrations were low key this year with thousands of people preferring to stay at home, opposing the political partisanship of the Patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.
- Comedy producer arrested
- Torture at Mae'kelawi
- Defections continue as political dissent remains a...
- Political dissident shot to death
- Breaking news: Protestors call for the release of ...
- Somali media under attack
- Breaking news: Talks between Meles and Kinijit lea...
- We are now the "crusaders"
- Old habits die hard
- University instructors anticipate dismissal
- ▼ January (10)