The attack on free speech by the EPRDF continues unabated. Daniel Fisseha, executive producer of "Oppressed Jokes", was arrested on Saturday. "Oppresssed Jokes", the brilliant collection of works of stand-up comedy, had become instant hit in the country last year.
The jokes by up and coming comedians focused on social and political issues, including satires on the personality and rule of Meles Zenawi, Ethiopia's dictator. Art critics considered the collection as the first of its kind in the country in content and form.
- Comedy producer arrested
- Torture at Mae'kelawi
- Defections continue as political dissent remains a...
- Political dissident shot to death
- Breaking news: Protestors call for the release of ...
- Somali media under attack
- Breaking news: Talks between Meles and Kinijit lea...
- We are now the "crusaders"
- Old habits die hard
- University instructors anticipate dismissal
- ▼ January (10)