Sunday, September 17, 2006
Political prisoners protest limitation on visitation right
The CUD leaders, social justice advocates and independent journalists who have been in jail for the last ten months have refused to see their spouses and children in protest of the government's retriction of their visitation rights. Since last week friends of the prisoners and family members(excepting spouses and children) have been barred from visiting the prisoners. This new limitation was imposed after the new year message of the political prisoners was published in internet journals and republished in a local newspaper. The prisoners have decided to cut all their contacts with the outside world by refusing to see their spouses and children until the TPLF government which illegally arrested them accepts their demand.
- ► 2007 (230)
- Teased by bloggers
- Police clashes with scores of protestors
- Breaking News:Thousands of Soldiers swarm the Mesk...
- CD Calendar lands Forty in jail
- The story of the Civil disobedience Calendar
- Political prisoners protest limitation on visitati...
- Spy Kids
- TPLF puts its tentacles into high schools
- Hi-Tech suppression: part two
- TO MY ETHIOPIAN SISTERS AND BROTHERS
- Conditions worsen for jailed Kinijit leaders as th...
- Breaking News: Defections, defections, defections
- Bereket suffers a second stroke
- Meles back after visiting Bereket in hospital
- Update on Berket Simon's health
- ▼ September (15)