Forty people who were arrested for possessing the civil disobedience calendar were brought before two courts in Addis Ababa by the police. At the Federal First Instance court in Arada, people, young and old, appeared this morning. The police claimed that they were arrested while attempting to incite violence and insurrection and asked for a reman in custody. The court granted the request of remand. Some of the accused were detained for just holding the Calendar which called for civil disobedience to get polityical prisoners released. Not one of the actions called for in the Calendar has a violence element in it.
See EMF for the contents of the calendar
- ► 2007 (230)
- Teased by bloggers
- Police clashes with scores of protestors
- Breaking News:Thousands of Soldiers swarm the Mesk...
- CD Calendar lands Forty in jail
- The story of the Civil disobedience Calendar
- Political prisoners protest limitation on visitati...
- Spy Kids
- TPLF puts its tentacles into high schools
- Hi-Tech suppression: part two
- TO MY ETHIOPIAN SISTERS AND BROTHERS
- Conditions worsen for jailed Kinijit leaders as th...
- Breaking News: Defections, defections, defections
- Bereket suffers a second stroke
- Meles back after visiting Bereket in hospital
- Update on Berket Simon's health
- ▼ September (15)