Further details about the Mae'kelawi torture are uncovered by this blogger. Police sources confirmed that the US resident who has been detained and tortured at Mae'kelawi is Daniel Hailemariam. He is accused of liasoning young Kinijit supporters in Ethiopia with diaspora backers. He has denied any knowledge of the diaspora kinijit leaders.
Both Endalkachew Melese and Zenebe Tadesse reside in Saris Kadisco area. Another man who has been suffering from torture at the same prison is Sisaye Bogale, employee of the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
The following persons have been arrested and tortured at Mae'kelawi:
This must stop right now. Please ask international human rights organizations to pressurise the EPRDF government to stop torturing political dissidents.
- SOS: Cry of help from brothers in torture chamber...
- Forum rules... Again!
- The Meles adminstration plans Information offensiv...
- Team of lawyers to write decisions for judges in p...
- The Economist's sword on Meles
- Staying positive
- Dr. Mulualem defects to Sweden... Yeah?
- Family Affair
- EZ diary: Meles and the docs
- For readers of this blog in Ethiopia
- Lawyer released by court after a year in detention...
- Maekelawi stories CONTINUED...
- More arrests and tortures at Mae'kelawi
- AI's report put the government on defensive
- Three journalists abandon TPLF's mouthpiece
- Breaking news: Tortured prisoners transferred to a...
- More on torture at Mae'kelawi
- ▼ February (17)