A week after he was released form hopsital, Birhanu Nega is suffering form breathing problems. According to prison sources, the symptoms are back. When he left hospital, doctors had recommended that his cell be changed. Prison officials have yet to heed the recommendation and Birhanu is still in the worst cell in kaliti prison. He spends 13 hours with 400 people. Doctors think that his health will be okay if only he gets to live in a well-ventilated cell. There is also a fear that the resurfaced problem may affect his heart.
Meanwhile, Serkalem Fasil's new born baby is in critical condition. This blogger learns that the baby was less than 2 kilos when he was born. Although doctors at the police hospital suggested that he should get incubation at Tikur Ambessa, the TA adminstrators refused to admit him claiming that either of his parents should be present. They are both in TPLF jail.
- ► 2007 (230)
- Systematic harassment of the prisoners
- A power sharing deal on the air? I like this
- Lidetu and Temesgen to campaign against HR 5680
- Muslims protest at Arat kilo
- Policemen fear being used for Meles Zenawi's misad...
- Professor Mesfin's moral courage
- Peasants forced to become EPRDF members
- TPLF will continue repression
- Plea from jailed leaders as their health condition...
- Parliamentary Kinijit in disarray
- Birhanu Nega's health condition relapses
- ▼ July (11)