Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Muslims protest at Arat kilo
The federal police storm a place where muslims pray at Arat Kilo to demolish the place at 9;30 this morning and met a strong resistance. Eye witnesses sad that more than hundred young muslims threw rocks on the federal police which responded by sealing roads and driving them out of the place. Some non-muslims also joined the protest. Although the place wasn't a proper mosque, it was frequented by young muslims who attend prayers. The provisional city government declared that the place belonged to another owner.
- ► 2007 (230)
- Systematic harassment of the prisoners
- A power sharing deal on the air? I like this
- Lidetu and Temesgen to campaign against HR 5680
- Muslims protest at Arat kilo
- Policemen fear being used for Meles Zenawi's misad...
- Professor Mesfin's moral courage
- Peasants forced to become EPRDF members
- TPLF will continue repression
- Plea from jailed leaders as their health condition...
- Parliamentary Kinijit in disarray
- Birhanu Nega's health condition relapses
- ▼ July (11)