European Commission's high level delegation led by the President, Jose Manuel Barroso, declined Meles Zenawi's breakfast invitation. Although the official reason given by the delegation was that it wasn't part of their schedule, sources said that it was a polite rebuke of the dictator's repression in Ethiopia.
The delegation met the Prime minister at the scheduled time latter.
Wondwosen Gutu, a Medhanialem Secondary school student, who was an active Kinijit organizer at the school was killed by a federal police member yesterday. Wondwossen, 16, was involved in distributing the civil disobedience calendar which called for the release of political prisoners. He was shot dead by the policeman while he was returning home after watching an English Premier League game in a nearby sports cafe.
Wondwossen........ your sacrifice won't be in vain.
- ► 2007 (230)
- EC intervens to save Yalemzewd
- Yalemzewd released
- Yalemzewd taken to a torture chamber
- Comedy in parliament and court
- Family denied access to jailed Ethiopian human rig...
- Latest on Yalemzewd Bekele
- More on EC espionage
- Alert and Breaking News: Ethiopian Government's bi...
- A prominent human rights campaigner arrested
- The report and its relevance
- Meles rejects observer's report
- Breaking News: Alemayehu tortured... Save Alemayeh...
- Police arrest a local businessman
- Ginbot 97
- Government moves to cover up political murder
- Another EC snub
- Ethiopia's dictator snubbed by EC
- ▼ October (17)