TPLF is attempting to reverse the growing unrest in the Ethiopian army by identifying and clearing out dissenters. The army security has started distributing questionnaire which asks officers to fill their grievances. The officers are allowed to fill the form anonymously but sources said that their hand-writings and signatures have been already collected by the security to verify the respondents after they fill the forms. This form is being distributed by an army personnel unit which is entrusted with carrying out evaluation appraisal. According to the sources, this is done to dupe army officers to feel free and express their grievances without fear. Massive army defections are expected in the coming months as the spirit of freedom and democracy which has engulfed the nation since last year's election finally moves into the army.
Solitary confinement watch
Muluneh Eyuel, Sisay Agena, Eskinder Nega and Andualem Arage are still in a solitary confinement which has no sun or artificial light and with the worst hygienic conditions. They are able to go to toilet only once a day under armed escort and couldn't meet their families and friends.
- ► 2007 (230)
- To Mesfin Woldemariam: the single most important ...
- Breaking News: Bereket Simon in critical condition
- "Gimigema" in the army
- Zenawi's cadres fan ethnic clash at Jimma university
- Army security moves to identify dissenters
- Call to action: Muluneh Eyuel brutalized
- Professor Mesfin suffers from Pneumonia
- Breaking News:Professor Mesfin in hospital
- TPLF's knee-jerk reaction for the defection of top...
- Kinijit is back!
- The power of a single book
- Blogs unblocked
- Breaking News: Vicky Huddlestone meets prisoners;a...
- Update on Hailu Shawel's health
- Girma Bekele and his cynical lie
- Review of Brehanu's Book: Part one
- Birhanu Nega writes a book; a book that rekindles ...
- Injustice on political prisoners
- A psychopath in charge of Ethiopian justice
- Breaking news:A top Ministry of Justice official d...
- ▼ August (20)