TPLF henchmen in the Jimma university today lit an ethnic clash between Tigray and Oromo students. The student cadres who eye witnesses said had been intimidating and harassing other students the whole year today started the clash after they severely beat an Oromo student. Rumors then spread that the student was beaten by students from Tigray. A lot of innocent Tigrain students were caught up in the act of retaliation by some Oromo students. An identical incident happened at the Bahir Dar university a day before.
In Jimma, gun shots had been heard the whole day. The federal police which tried to enter campus late afternoon was pelted with rocks by the students.
Breaking News: Hailu Shawel's health deteriorates
CUDP's charismatic leader, Ato Hailu Shawel's, health was deteriorating, police hospital sources said. The wild fluctuation of his blood sugar level had shocked doctors. In one test the level rose from 135 to 265 in a matter of hours. "This makes his situation very unpredictable. He can't be allowed to return back to prison right now," a medical source stated. The chairman also suffers from walking problems caused while he was in the wet and cold Maekelawi cell in November. His eye problem has also recurred because of lack of medical attention.
(More on this story latter)
- ► 2007 (230)
- To Mesfin Woldemariam: the single most important ...
- Breaking News: Bereket Simon in critical condition...
- "Gimigema" in the army
- Zenawi's cadres fan ethnic clash at Jimma universi...
- Army security moves to identify dissenters
- Call to action: Muluneh Eyuel brutalized
- Professor Mesfin suffers from Pneumonia
- Breaking News:Professor Mesfin in hospital
- TPLF's knee-jerk reaction for the defection of top...
- Kinijit is back!
- The power of a single book
- Blogs unblocked
- Breaking News: Vicky Huddlestone meets prisoners;a...
- Update on Hailu Shawel's health
- Girma Bekele and his cynical lie
- Review of Brehanu's Book: Part one
- Birhanu Nega writes a book; a book that rekindles ...
- Injustice on political prisoners
- A psychopath in charge of Ethiopian justice
- Breaking news:A top Ministry of Justice official d...
- ▼ August (20)