Ethiopia's dictator Meles Zenawi has suspended Major General Almeshet Degfe, the top man in the Ethiopian Air force and two other high-ranking military leaders, Brigadier Generals Kumera Assefa and Asamenew Tsgie. Army sources told this blogger that the protest in the army was intensifying and Meles was taking very desperate measures including detaining military officers.
(More on the army protests soon)
- ► 2007 (230)
- Siye's sham trial to end soon
- Meles asks jailed CUD leaders to quit politics
- The Great Protest
- Protestors condemn the Somali war
- Protestors reach the palace
- Breaking News: The Great Ethiopian Run turns into ...
- Hailu Shawel; less rhetoric and more truth
- Breaking news: Meles suspends air force chief
- Does moral injury cause lung problems? Court witn...
- Getachew Jigi sheds crocodile's tears
- Ethio-EC relationship strained despite invitation ...
- Was Teddy Afro framed?
- Talk of the town
- Message from Kaliti warns against individual tyran...
- ▼ November (14)