In a packed courtroom, a witness swears on oath. He then recounts the gruesome details of his ordeals. He claims that he allegedly received ethnic slur from a mob and was pelted by a rock. With his face full of gloom, he tells and retells the moral damage he suffered from that the mob's act. You suck your lips. This is morbid. No human being should pass through such torment and suffering.
The judge asks the witness to elaborate what it means to suffer a moral injury. The man clears his throat and says..."I had a lung problem"
You will be excused if you think this is a dark comedy straight out of the Athol Fugard. Wrong! Remember the CUD trial. That is a scene from yesterday's proceeding.
- ► 2007 (230)
- Siye's sham trial to end soon
- Meles asks jailed CUD leaders to quit politics
- The Great Protest
- Protestors condemn the Somali war
- Protestors reach the palace
- Breaking News: The Great Ethiopian Run turns into ...
- Hailu Shawel; less rhetoric and more truth
- Breaking news: Meles suspends air force chief
- Does moral injury cause lung problems? Court witn...
- Getachew Jigi sheds crocodile's tears
- Ethio-EC relationship strained despite invitation ...
- Was Teddy Afro framed?
- Talk of the town
- Message from Kaliti warns against individual tyran...
- ▼ November (14)