Tsegaye Tadesse is a mess, or at least he has chosen to be a mess in service of the EPRDF. Read here his latest news on the life sentence of CUD leaders. The headline makes a sad, sad story look good.
Also, notice the first 11 paragraphs. All there are in them are the statements if the judge, the prosecutor and a passing remark that the sentenced had refused to defend themselves. Those paragraphs try to make the decision appear fair in light of the defendant's failure to defend themselves.
His spin is first class. But journalism isn't about spin. It is about conscience. Tsegaye is a disgrace to this great profession.
- They are released
- Kinijit leaders reaffirm their commitment to the e...
- UNECA blocks Ethio-Zagol Post
- Case referred to amnesty board
- Will Meles release the prisoners?
- Reuters Journalist Gets Good Story from Life Impri...
- Breaking news: Court sentences CUD leaders to life...
- Siye, The Healer
- Yalemzewd Bekele free on bail
- Siye Abraha released
- Human Rights Activist and Businessman Charged of A...
- Final Statement of the Prosecution
- ▼ July (13)