Today in court the prosecution presented their final statement. The prosecutor asked for capital punishment for all defendants--those facing single and multiple charges--and that their rights be denied. What rights he thinks still exist for prisoners who have been convicted but not yet sentenced is unclear.
In three days the group of nine Party members, journalists and others who have chosen to defend will present their defense to the court.
The sentencing is scheduled to take place next Monday, July 16 2007.
- They are released
- Kinijit leaders reaffirm their commitment to the e...
- UNECA blocks Ethio-Zagol Post
- Case referred to amnesty board
- Will Meles release the prisoners?
- Reuters Journalist Gets Good Story from Life Impri...
- Breaking news: Court sentences CUD leaders to life...
- Siye, The Healer
- Yalemzewd Bekele free on bail
- Siye Abraha released
- Human Rights Activist and Businessman Charged of A...
- Final Statement of the Prosecution
- ▼ July (13)