Thursday, July 12, 2007
Siye, The Healer
I heard Siye Abraha's passionate defense of the importance and value of the rule of law in Ethiopia. That says a lot about where the man stands. But more importantly, his articulation that he now understands the fears, aspirations and hopes of both the pro-democracy group and EPRDF supporters is remarkable. One of the contributors to this blog once wrote that we had to take Siye seriously. I say as a person who has experienced the injustice millions of Ethiopians go through everyday, but at the same time as a person who has large following in the EPRDF, Siye can act as a healer of the national wound.
- They are released
- Kinijit leaders reaffirm their commitment to the e...
- UNECA blocks Ethio-Zagol Post
- Case referred to amnesty board
- Will Meles release the prisoners?
- Reuters Journalist Gets Good Story from Life Impri...
- Breaking news: Court sentences CUD leaders to life...
- Siye, The Healer
- Yalemzewd Bekele free on bail
- Siye Abraha released
- Human Rights Activist and Businessman Charged of A...
- Final Statement of the Prosecution
- ▼ July (13)