Thursday, November 30, 2006
Siye's sham trial to end soon
The prosecutor in former defense Minister Siye Abrha's corruption trial presented his closing argument yesterday. Observers say that the trial which is at its fifth year is an absolute sham. The defense will present his closing argument next Wednesday. Meles Zenawi put Siye in prison and charged him with corruption after the latter led an internal protest against the prime minister in March 2001. The protestors accused Meles of being soft on Eritrea.
- ► 2007 (230)
- Siye's sham trial to end soon
- Meles asks jailed CUD leaders to quit politics
- The Great Protest
- Protestors condemn the Somali war
- Protestors reach the palace
- Breaking News: The Great Ethiopian Run turns into ...
- Hailu Shawel; less rhetoric and more truth
- Breaking news: Meles suspends air force chief
- Does moral injury cause lung problems? Court witn...
- Getachew Jigi sheds crocodile's tears
- Ethio-EC relationship strained despite invitation ...
- Was Teddy Afro framed?
- Talk of the town
- Message from Kaliti warns against individual tyran...
- ▼ November (14)