CUD leaders in prison have finally agreed to sign the proposal sent by Meles last week. If Meles doesn't, as he usually does, back down from his own proposal, our heroes will be out of prison next week. There are additional lines in the proposal including that the partial acceptance of responsibility and admission of mistake have no legal consequences.
This is a political agreement. Meles has got his face-saving agreement, and the prisoners have in turn got his admission that the court was wrong. And more; their release from the rotten concentration camp called Kaliti. Still we don't know whether Meles who is a serial breaker of agreements will uphold this one.
(fingers crossed...or may be not)
- Will Ephrem Isaac please speak up?
- "No negotiation with Kaliti prisoners" - Meles
- It is sometimes unfathomable how some people are w...
- Yesterday the EPRDF executive committee approved M...
- My earlier unconfirmed reports about the release o...
- There are unconfirmed reports that the CUD leaders...
- I am hearing that there was some progress in the t...
- There was no change in the afternoon(regarding the...
- Not yet...Prisoners haven't signed release papers
- Meles ready to sentence CUD leaders
- Yglesias on Ethiopia
- Conviction gives a sense of triumph for Kinijit le...
- Conviction followed by crack down
- Breaking news:Court finds kinijit leaders guilty
- Crack down in Addis Ababa
- ▼ June (17)