last gasp mediation efforts have failed as the convicted CUD leaders rejected Meles' proposal that they be our before the sentencing by admitting that they have made mistakes. According to sources, Meles had said that his "compromise" proposal was a "take it or leave it."
The prisoners have decided to leave it and face the consequences. The crime they were convicted of carries death penalty or a mandatory rigorous imprisonment.
- Will Ephrem Isaac please speak up?
- "No negotiation with Kaliti prisoners" - Meles
- It is sometimes unfathomable how some people are w...
- Yesterday the EPRDF executive committee approved M...
- My earlier unconfirmed reports about the release o...
- There are unconfirmed reports that the CUD leaders...
- I am hearing that there was some progress in the t...
- There was no change in the afternoon(regarding the...
- Not yet...Prisoners haven't signed release papers
- Meles ready to sentence CUD leaders
- Yglesias on Ethiopia
- Conviction gives a sense of triumph for Kinijit le...
- Conviction followed by crack down
- Breaking news:Court finds kinijit leaders guilty
- Crack down in Addis Ababa
- ▼ June (17)