The court in charge of the kinijit trials today decided that all of the kinijit leaders accused of outrage against the constitutional order are guilty as charged. The defendants include the chairperson of the party, Ato Hailu Shawel and the mayor of Addis Ababa, Brehanu Nega. According to Ethiopian law, the crimes the court found them guilty of committing entail death penalty or at least 25 years imprisonment.
The next step, according to the law, is sentencing.
(In depth report soon)
- Will Ephrem Isaac please speak up?
- "No negotiation with Kaliti prisoners" - Meles
- It is sometimes unfathomable how some people are w...
- Yesterday the EPRDF executive committee approved M...
- My earlier unconfirmed reports about the release o...
- There are unconfirmed reports that the CUD leaders...
- I am hearing that there was some progress in the t...
- There was no change in the afternoon(regarding the...
- Not yet...Prisoners haven't signed release papers
- Meles ready to sentence CUD leaders
- Yglesias on Ethiopia
- Conviction gives a sense of triumph for Kinijit le...
- Conviction followed by crack down
- Breaking news:Court finds kinijit leaders guilty
- Crack down in Addis Ababa
- ▼ June (17)