It has been a while since the Ethiopian movement for democracy heard a great news. Today's decision by the House International Committee to unanimously endorse the Ethiopia Freedom, Democracy and Human Rights Advancement Act of 2006 (HR 5680) is, however, a truly great news. Ethiopians in USA should now work hard, lobbying your representatives to vote for it when it goes to the full house. This is a defeat to a once respected philosophy instructor at Addis Ababa University(now a discredited TPLF servant), one Samuel Assefa. Hail to the diaspora.
I am confident that there will be more good news from home. Watch this space.
- ► 2007 (230)
- A Justice system in shambles
- A little triumph in congress
- Birhanu Nega returns to prison
- Hi-tech suppression
- Prosecutor through with video evidences against Ki...
- News from kaliti
- For now we have Ethiomedia
- TPLF man kills a tyre repair owner and walks free
- To Birhanu Nega with love
- The facts about Kinijit International Committee; a...
- Prison condition may worsen Birhanu's health, Doct...
- Mulunesh Released; Tensae Radio; World Cup Fever
- Update on Birhanu's condition
- Breaking news:Birhanu Nega hospitalized; but in go...
- The rise and rise of political books; and Donald L...
- In Defense Of The Alliance(Part two)
- In Defense Of The Alliance: Perspective From Home
- AFD, Kinjit.org and other matters
- Kinijit kaliti and Kinijit NA
- Breaking News: What were Bereket Simon and Vicki H...
- Shimeles kemal and John Stewart The Daily Court To...
- ▼ June (21)