The number of political prisoners suffering from health problems due to the vile prison condition is increasing. At today's court hearing, Debebe Eshetu, kassahun, Professor Mesfin, Muluneh Eyouel, Sileshi Andarge, Major Getachew and Birhanu Nega were all absent. Prison police stated that they were all sick. Major Getachew was admitted to hospital. Birhanu Nega has been in hospital for two weeks now.
Prison sources said that Kaliti prison is at its worst during the Ethiopian rainy season. Wild mice invade cells to avoid the harsh weather and bring with them several contagious diseases. Some of the cells are made of corrguated iron and they become terribly cold when it rains.
The imprisoned journalist and publisher of Asqual, Satenaw and Menelik newspapers, Serkalem Fasil, has given birth to a baby boy. Serkalem was detained with her journalist husband, Eskinder Nega and her brother, Dawit Fasil, late November.
Two days ago, I wrote that Ethiomedia was being accessed in Ethiopia without anonymous proxy servers. It seemed those who block and unblock websites here were testing something. Ethiomedia is re-blocked today.
- ► 2007 (230)
- A Justice system in shambles
- A little triumph in congress
- Birhanu Nega returns to prison
- Hi-tech suppression
- Prosecutor through with video evidences against Ki...
- News from kaliti
- For now we have Ethiomedia
- TPLF man kills a tyre repair owner and walks free
- To Birhanu Nega with love
- The facts about Kinijit International Committee; a...
- Prison condition may worsen Birhanu's health, Doct...
- Mulunesh Released; Tensae Radio; World Cup Fever
- Update on Birhanu's condition
- Breaking news:Birhanu Nega hospitalized; but in go...
- The rise and rise of political books; and Donald L...
- In Defense Of The Alliance(Part two)
- In Defense Of The Alliance: Perspective From Home
- AFD, Kinjit.org and other matters
- Kinijit kaliti and Kinijit NA
- Breaking News: What were Bereket Simon and Vicki H...
- Shimeles kemal and John Stewart The Daily Court To...
- ▼ June (21)