Shimeles kemal and John Stewart
The Daily Court
Today's court room comedy had no match in its humor. The prosecutor showed video tapes of the Woreda 3 town hall meeting in August. It had already shown the Woreda 23 and 9 meetings. The public meeting was chaired by Major Admasse.
The prosecutor explained the charges this video is supposed to prove. This is where Shimeles kemal's performance surpasses John Stewart's in its funny side
The prosecutor stated that the organizers of the meeting decorated the town hall with the" former" Ethiopian flag (plain Green, yellow and red); not the one with the star in the middle as the constitution proclaims. This flag, the prosecutor argued, depicts Ethiopia as "Ahadawi"(unitary) while the constitution stipulates that Ethiopia is Federal. Thus, according to the prosecutor, the decoration of town halls with the Green, yellow and Red flag(without the star) constitutes the crime of "Outrage against the constitution and constitutional order" pursuant to Article 238 of the Ethiopian Criminal Code.
Surely,The prosecutor's next targets are going to be football fans who camp Addis Ababa stadium whenever the national team plays, waiving the "old flag".
I suppose the shops which sell the "old bandira" at "Military Tera" in Merkato should be warned that they are trying to subvert the constitution.
Birtukan Midekisa: The love of a nation and...
- ► 2007 (230)
- A Justice system in shambles
- A little triumph in congress
- Birhanu Nega returns to prison
- Hi-tech suppression
- Prosecutor through with video evidences against Ki...
- News from kaliti
- For now we have Ethiomedia
- TPLF man kills a tyre repair owner and walks free
- To Birhanu Nega with love
- The facts about Kinijit International Committee; a...
- Prison condition may worsen Birhanu's health, Doct...
- Mulunesh Released; Tensae Radio; World Cup Fever
- Update on Birhanu's condition
- Breaking news:Birhanu Nega hospitalized; but in go...
- The rise and rise of political books; and Donald L...
- In Defense Of The Alliance(Part two)
- In Defense Of The Alliance: Perspective From Home
- AFD, Kinjit.org and other matters
- Kinijit kaliti and Kinijit NA
- Breaking News: What were Bereket Simon and Vicki H...
- Shimeles kemal and John Stewart The Daily Court To...
- ▼ June (21)