Addis Fortune, Addis Ababa's EPRDF leaning newspaper, sometimes comes up with very good journalism. Last Sunday, its correspondent had such a grim assessment of the millennium festivities -the celebration the Meles administration hopes will show case its modernity, popular support and the country's positive spirit. Read it here.
This is what happens when you politicize the people's holiday. But I still do want to celebrate the Millenium. The politicization aside, the Millennium is for all us, and there is nothing better than celebrating it in our country.
- Kinijit leaders heading to North America
- Ephrem Isaac on another mediation mission
- Hate speech
- Kinijit's Humanism and the Homeless People
- The Millennium Fiasco
- Expulsions of Diplomats as New Gag Techniques by D...
- The Norwegian Puzzle
- Professor Mesfin warns Kinijit leaders who compete...
- Homage to Andargachew Tsgie
- Five steps to move forward for Kinijit
- Samuel Assefa on Foreign Affairs
- Isolated Meles set to play the ethnic card again
- EZ on Ogaden
- Assault on the Judiciary Contd.
- Release causes tension in the EPRDF
- Tim Clark Gets a Kick
- Ogaden and Pan-Ethiopianists
- The Philosopher without Wisdom
- ▼ August (20)