Professor Ephrem Isaac is expected to start his shuttle diplomacy again. This time the parties he wants to mediate are the two Ethiopian Orthodox Church synods. According to sources at the EOC, Professor Ephrem has obtained his go ahead from the Abuna Paulos.
Observers at the church are concerned about this latest mediation effort by the professor as it is believed that the order has come directly from top TPLF officials. There is a concern in the party that after the totalitarian strategy to control every aspect of Ethiopian life isn't working at the Orthodox Church, with the patriarch here facing serious challenges from here and abroad.
EZ wonders: Is professor Ephrem the new trouble shooter for Meles Zenawi?
- Kinijit leaders heading to North America
- Ephrem Isaac on another mediation mission
- Hate speech
- Kinijit's Humanism and the Homeless People
- The Millennium Fiasco
- Expulsions of Diplomats as New Gag Techniques by D...
- The Norwegian Puzzle
- Professor Mesfin warns Kinijit leaders who compete...
- Homage to Andargachew Tsgie
- Five steps to move forward for Kinijit
- Samuel Assefa on Foreign Affairs
- Isolated Meles set to play the ethnic card again
- EZ on Ogaden
- Assault on the Judiciary Contd.
- Release causes tension in the EPRDF
- Tim Clark Gets a Kick
- Ogaden and Pan-Ethiopianists
- The Philosopher without Wisdom
- ▼ August (20)