The European Commission's Head of Delegation in Addis Ababa, Ambassador Timothy Clark, is to be transferred to another country two years before the expiry of the time he was designated to serve. According to sources, the commission's Brussels office made the decision after the Ethiopian government complained about Tim Clark's behaviour post election 2005. Ambassador Clark is expected to leave Addis Ababa shortly after the millennium celebrations.
Since the turn of 2006, Tim Clark tried too hard to mend his broken relationship with Meles Zenawi and the Ethiopian government. He applied pressure to Michael Elman, the commission's observer during the Kinijit trial, to change his preliminary report. He also failed to order an investigation when it was reported that a security agency which has close ties with the government had bugged the comission's office and spied on the diplomats including himself
See this from Tom Porteous about Ogaden.
- Kinijit leaders heading to North America
- Ephrem Isaac on another mediation mission
- Hate speech
- Kinijit's Humanism and the Homeless People
- The Millennium Fiasco
- Expulsions of Diplomats as New Gag Techniques by D...
- The Norwegian Puzzle
- Professor Mesfin warns Kinijit leaders who compete...
- Homage to Andargachew Tsgie
- Five steps to move forward for Kinijit
- Samuel Assefa on Foreign Affairs
- Isolated Meles set to play the ethnic card again
- EZ on Ogaden
- Assault on the Judiciary Contd.
- Release causes tension in the EPRDF
- Tim Clark Gets a Kick
- Ogaden and Pan-Ethiopianists
- The Philosopher without Wisdom
- ▼ August (20)