The Norway Post wrote this about Ethiopia's decision to ask the withdrawal of six Norwegian diplomats.
According to EZ Post sources, Norway has already decided to freeze $150 million worth of development aid. Further, sources reported that they are taking the case to the UN Security Council and the European Commission. Norway isn't a member of the European Union.
This is from Earthtimes
Ethiopia expels six Norwegian diplomats
Oslo - Ethiopia has expelled six of Norway's eight diplomats in the African nation, the foreign ministry in Oslo said late Monday. The Ethiopian government said the expulsion came because of threats to its security due to Norway's involvement in mediating the border dispute with Eritrea. The six embassy employees are to leave the country by September 15.
Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Stre called the move completely surprising and shocking, adding discussions in the border dispute between Ethiopia and Eritrea depend on the trust of both sides.
With only two diplomats left in Addis Ababa, Norway's involvement in finding a solution to the conflict would be endangered.
And here is what the BBC said about the whole affair.
- Kinijit leaders heading to North America
- Ephrem Isaac on another mediation mission
- Hate speech
- Kinijit's Humanism and the Homeless People
- The Millennium Fiasco
- Expulsions of Diplomats as New Gag Techniques by D...
- The Norwegian Puzzle
- Professor Mesfin warns Kinijit leaders who compete...
- Homage to Andargachew Tsgie
- Five steps to move forward for Kinijit
- Samuel Assefa on Foreign Affairs
- Isolated Meles set to play the ethnic card again
- EZ on Ogaden
- Assault on the Judiciary Contd.
- Release causes tension in the EPRDF
- Tim Clark Gets a Kick
- Ogaden and Pan-Ethiopianists
- The Philosopher without Wisdom
- ▼ August (20)