The Prime Minister is telling his confidants that he wants Girma Birru to succeed him when he leaves power in the next election, according to EZ Post sources. As opposition to his rule from Oromos become stronger and stronger, Meles, the sources said, is set to use the carrot and stick approach to quash it. Putting Girma Birru at the helm and playing power behind the screen is an option that is being seriously explored by him. Such a plan will encounter serious opposition from the Sibhat Nega clan and many in the TPLF leadership, the sources claim.
-AP's Addis Ababa correspondent plays into the hands of the TPLF dictatorship
-With the ICRC expelled and WFP asked to leave, how difficult is life for Ogaden Ethiopians?
- Kinijit leaders heading to North America
- Ephrem Isaac on another mediation mission
- Hate speech
- Kinijit's Humanism and the Homeless People
- The Millennium Fiasco
- Expulsions of Diplomats as New Gag Techniques by D...
- The Norwegian Puzzle
- Professor Mesfin warns Kinijit leaders who compete...
- Homage to Andargachew Tsgie
- Five steps to move forward for Kinijit
- Samuel Assefa on Foreign Affairs
- Isolated Meles set to play the ethnic card again
- EZ on Ogaden
- Assault on the Judiciary Contd.
- Release causes tension in the EPRDF
- Tim Clark Gets a Kick
- Ogaden and Pan-Ethiopianists
- The Philosopher without Wisdom
- ▼ August (20)