Doctors fear that living with 400 people in a cell might exacerbate Birhanu Nega's condition. The mayor of Addis Ababa who was admitted to hospital on Thursday has suffered a shortage of Oxygen in his body. A police hospital medical staff who spoke to this blogger on the condition of anonymity said that he and other doctors suspect that Birhanu's condition had been made worse by the terrible living environment he was in and, if it didn't improve it might seriously affect him. "His health has vastly improved since he was hospitalized. Part of the reason for that was the treatment. But getting fresh air and proper living environment has helped. Staying with 400 people under one roof is dangerous for Birhanu's medical condition," the staff said.
Four months ago, Birhanu and a few other Kinijit leaders who were labeled by prison security as dangerous were taken to a rat and flea infested cell where 400 people, most of them hard-core criminals, are confined. Prison sources told me that since Birhanu and co. moved to the cell, the other prisoners had tried to keep the place clean and make it as comfortable for the Kinijit leaders as possible. They mayor is the most popular man in the prison.
Birhanu was feeling well today. He told people who visited him that the only thing he missed was being with the other leaders of Kinijit on the trial yesterday. Doctors carried some tests to see whether he had fully recovered from his medical problem this morning.
Ethio-Zagol has seen the letter of clarification sent to Kinijit NA chairman by the imprisoned leaders of the party last Monday on the issue of the international leadership committee. It is hard to believe that nothing (no press release) has come out from the international committee on when it would start functioning as the leaders wished. What really is going on? Kinijit international has to wake up and start doing business immediately. It has to design proper strategies and tactics to lead the struggle here and release the leaders. That should be the priority.
- ► 2007 (230)
- A Justice system in shambles
- A little triumph in congress
- Birhanu Nega returns to prison
- Hi-tech suppression
- Prosecutor through with video evidences against Ki...
- News from kaliti
- For now we have Ethiomedia
- TPLF man kills a tyre repair owner and walks free
- To Birhanu Nega with love
- The facts about Kinijit International Committee; a...
- Prison condition may worsen Birhanu's health, Doct...
- Mulunesh Released; Tensae Radio; World Cup Fever
- Update on Birhanu's condition
- Breaking news:Birhanu Nega hospitalized; but in go...
- The rise and rise of political books; and Donald L...
- In Defense Of The Alliance(Part two)
- In Defense Of The Alliance: Perspective From Home
- AFD, Kinjit.org and other matters
- Kinijit kaliti and Kinijit NA
- Breaking News: What were Bereket Simon and Vicki H...
- Shimeles kemal and John Stewart The Daily Court To...
- ▼ June (21)