The idea of UN's fact finding mission to the Ogaden region in Ethiopia was opposed at first by some embassies in Addis Ababa including the British Embassy, EZ Post learnt. British Embassy sources told this blog that the embassy was first resistant to any independent mission to Ogaden as the Ethiopian government opposed it. The position of the British Embassy was supported by other unnamed western embassies .
Some diplomats in Addis Ababa who feared a Darfur in Ogaden were shocked with the resistance of the embassies. It took the EU's insistence to make the embassies finally accept the decision.
Read Alisha Ryu's story on the fact finding mission here.
- The superlative Haile
- HR 2003: The Final Push
- Burmese bloggers - Is the Internet Creating Haberm...
- Yacob's Call
- The way forward
- Here is a comment about the recent problem in Kini...
- Made in diaspora
- Repression is back
- CUD and Democracy: An exchange
- Kinijit and democracy
- It is not Hailu Vs. Brehanu
- Meles stifles TPLF dissidents
- Breaking News: Yeka Woreda Police releases ceremon...
- Organizers of the ceremony in honor of Birtukan Mi...
- Today on EZ Post
- Will Conners on Slate
- Addis Press Corps: My observations
- SMS Back In Ethiopia
- What Has Happened to Holy Joe?
- MELKAM MILLENNIUM TO ALL ETHIOPIANS
- Our challenge
- No One is Indispensable says Kinijit Leader
- Hailu Shawel gets the clearance to travel to the US
- What is going on within Kinijit?
- While preachers of Ethiopian unity are sitting sil...
- The Millennium Fiasco(Part 2)
- WFP Asked to Withdraw from the Ogaden
- British Embassy opposed UN Fact Finding Mission to...
- ▼ September (28)