Monday, September 10, 2007
The emotional reception of Kinijit leaders in both Britain and America shows the incredible degree of regard Ethiopians have to these leaders all over the world. With regard comes expectation as well. Here I advise caution. There has never been a political organization like Kinijit in Ethiopian history. That means the threats and challenges facing this political party will be equally monumental. The EPRDF is an advertisement for Kinijit. I think Kinijit's biggest threat probably comes from the inside. In the next weeks and months, we may see people for whom we have had boundless respect making grave errors; moving intentionally and unintentionally to destroy the organization. We may see people trampling upon Kinjit's principles of procedural democracy. The choice is ours: Either we stand firm and tell these people that Kinijit is more than them even though they have contributed a lot to its formation and progress or we choose people over principles and bring the party down. And I say there is only one group which truly benefits from the second choice.
- The superlative Haile
- HR 2003: The Final Push
- Burmese bloggers - Is the Internet Creating Haberm...
- Yacob's Call
- The way forward
- Here is a comment about the recent problem in Kini...
- Made in diaspora
- Repression is back
- CUD and Democracy: An exchange
- Kinijit and democracy
- It is not Hailu Vs. Brehanu
- Meles stifles TPLF dissidents
- Breaking News: Yeka Woreda Police releases ceremon...
- Organizers of the ceremony in honor of Birtukan Mi...
- Today on EZ Post
- Will Conners on Slate
- Addis Press Corps: My observations
- SMS Back In Ethiopia
- What Has Happened to Holy Joe?
- MELKAM MILLENNIUM TO ALL ETHIOPIANS
- Our challenge
- No One is Indispensable says Kinijit Leader
- Hailu Shawel gets the clearance to travel to the U...
- What is going on within Kinijit?
- While preachers of Ethiopian unity are sitting sil...
- The Millennium Fiasco(Part 2)
- WFP Asked to Withdraw from the Ogaden
- British Embassy opposed UN Fact Finding Mission to...
- ▼ September (28)