Ethiopia's former great academic institutions is in woeful state. Poor education standards, bad governance, corruption and lack of academic freedom now define its identity. Ethio-Zagol Post blogger Roha will start a new blog section on the University on Wednesday. Students, teachers and other university staff will contribute to the section.
In his smashing bestseller written frm prison former AAU academic Brehanu Nega asserted that Ethiopia's intellectuals are one of the the reasons why democracy hasn't taken root in Ethiopia. I agree with him. Roha's efforts will be part of the attempts to democratize AAU. At the moment, there is no forum in Addis Ababa University where stakeholders debate about the institution and much more. Our blog wilfully takes the lead to open the closed space.
- Lidetu's third non-sense
- There are unconfirmed reports that the Chinese hos...
- More on Samuel Gebru
- I was wrong
- The Federal police members have now forced their w...
- Classes stop as Addis Ababa University students pr...
- Losing the plot
- Ali Sero's non-sensical claim
- Teshome Toga and Legal Professionals: Ethio-Zagol'...
- Meles's grandiose delusional disorder gets reality...
- As promised, Roha has started the Addis Ababa Univ...
- Protesting Ethiopian soldiers jailed
- (By Ethio-Zagol) Amnesty International has a new r...
- AP risks ban in Ethiopia
- How to save one's rear
- Blogging Addis Ababa University
- Ethiopian troops to start major offensive in Somalia
- Meles does the dirty work for the Americans and ta...
- Democracy in action
- Hail Cæsar! Those who are about to die salute you!
- Long live the spirit of Brandeis
- Mobile phones and foreign admirers
- Tsegaye Tadesse gets his windmill
- Breaking news:Court releases major newspaper publi...
- Melkam Fasika
- From lust to survival: how the value and meaning ...
- Once again...On the court
- Andragachew Tsgie and Elias Kifle are guilty, cour...
- Death sentence beckons our heroes
- Breaking news:court ruled defendants to defend the...
- Postponed again
- Scene from Women's Great Run
- Court adjourned for tomorrow
- Ethio-Zagol Post diaries
- ▼ April (36)