Bedru Adem, Kinijit council member, has been under EPRDF custody since 31 October 2005. Nonetheless, the court today decided that he had led a stone-throwing protest in Addis Ketema area on the 1 Nov 2005, the day after he landed at the Maekelawi prison where he stayed the next four weeks and then transferred to Kaliti. What do you call this?
The international media have been silent about the decision of the court. AP’s new reporter Anita Powell hasn’t yet arrived here. I can’t criticize an international news outlet with no correspondent (temporarily) in the country for not reporting the trial. But where is the BBC? Will Amber Henshaw please stand up?
- Lidetu's third non-sense
- There are unconfirmed reports that the Chinese hos...
- More on Samuel Gebru
- I was wrong
- The Federal police members have now forced their w...
- Classes stop as Addis Ababa University students pr...
- Losing the plot
- Ali Sero's non-sensical claim
- Teshome Toga and Legal Professionals: Ethio-Zagol'...
- Meles's grandiose delusional disorder gets reality...
- As promised, Roha has started the Addis Ababa Univ...
- Protesting Ethiopian soldiers jailed
- (By Ethio-Zagol) Amnesty International has a new r...
- AP risks ban in Ethiopia
- How to save one's rear
- Blogging Addis Ababa University
- Ethiopian troops to start major offensive in Somalia
- Meles does the dirty work for the Americans and ta...
- Democracy in action
- Hail Cæsar! Those who are about to die salute you!
- Long live the spirit of Brandeis
- Mobile phones and foreign admirers
- Tsegaye Tadesse gets his windmill
- Breaking news:Court releases major newspaper publi...
- Melkam Fasika
- From lust to survival: how the value and meaning ...
- Once again...On the court
- Andragachew Tsgie and Elias Kifle are guilty, cour...
- Death sentence beckons our heroes
- Breaking news:court ruled defendants to defend the...
- Postponed again
- Scene from Women's Great Run
- Court adjourned for tomorrow
- Ethio-Zagol Post diaries
- ▼ April (36)