"Empires die of indigestion," Napoleon claimed. So too dictators. Sense of invincibility and self-importance leads to grandiose delusion disorder. Psychiatrists say that people who are affected by grandiose delusion disorder usually don't care about getting treatment because they are convinced of their ideas. The political form of grandiose delusional disorder is worse as it is a source of catastrophic action by those in power who harbour the disorder. There can be no better example than the actions of Napoleon himself.
Meles destroyed his opponents at home with brute and force. His shaky government survived in spite of a tide of unfavourable opinion from the citizenry. I think that led him to the sense of invincibility. He invaded Somalia without due cause and argued what happened to America(the world's hyper power) in Iraq wouldn't happen to Ethiopia in Somalia. That is pure and simple delusional disorder. Now he has to face reality check and- by extension indigestion . Is Somalia the beginning of the end for Meles?
- Lidetu's third non-sense
- There are unconfirmed reports that the Chinese hos...
- More on Samuel Gebru
- I was wrong
- The Federal police members have now forced their w...
- Classes stop as Addis Ababa University students pr...
- Losing the plot
- Ali Sero's non-sensical claim
- Teshome Toga and Legal Professionals: Ethio-Zagol'...
- Meles's grandiose delusional disorder gets reality...
- As promised, Roha has started the Addis Ababa Univ...
- Protesting Ethiopian soldiers jailed
- (By Ethio-Zagol) Amnesty International has a new r...
- AP risks ban in Ethiopia
- How to save one's rear
- Blogging Addis Ababa University
- Ethiopian troops to start major offensive in Somal...
- Meles does the dirty work for the Americans and ta...
- Democracy in action
- Hail Cæsar! Those who are about to die salute you!...
- Long live the spirit of Brandeis
- Mobile phones and foreign admirers
- Tsegaye Tadesse gets his windmill
- Breaking news:Court releases major newspaper publi...
- Melkam Fasika
- From lust to survival: how the value and meaning ...
- Once again...On the court
- Andragachew Tsgie and Elias Kifle are guilty, cour...
- Death sentence beckons our heroes
- Breaking news:court ruled defendants to defend the...
- Postponed again
- Scene from Women's Great Run
- Court adjourned for tomorrow
- Ethio-Zagol Post diaries
- ▼ April (36)