If I would start with a cliche... Today was a sad day. After following the American embassy efforts and the mediation, I had thought that there could be some opening for reconciliation and a new start. The problem with the likes of me is that we try to consider EPRDF as a group which makes rational decisions and try to put ourselves in the shoes of EPRDF leaders and speculate about what their interest are and what they might decide.
Of course, there is something to be like EPRDF. Yet EPRDF doesn't have the same rational faculty as we have. Our way of perceiving things is different. We can't extrapolate EPRDF's reasoning from our experience. We can form schematic conceptions of what it is like to be an animal; but not what to be EPRDF is. What we can do, however, is to rob EPRDF of its power to perplex, hurt and anger us with its irrationally irrational decisions .
- Lidetu's third non-sense
- There are unconfirmed reports that the Chinese hos...
- More on Samuel Gebru
- I was wrong
- The Federal police members have now forced their w...
- Classes stop as Addis Ababa University students pr...
- Losing the plot
- Ali Sero's non-sensical claim
- Teshome Toga and Legal Professionals: Ethio-Zagol'...
- Meles's grandiose delusional disorder gets reality...
- As promised, Roha has started the Addis Ababa Univ...
- Protesting Ethiopian soldiers jailed
- (By Ethio-Zagol) Amnesty International has a new r...
- AP risks ban in Ethiopia
- How to save one's rear
- Blogging Addis Ababa University
- Ethiopian troops to start major offensive in Somal...
- Meles does the dirty work for the Americans and ta...
- Democracy in action
- Hail Cæsar! Those who are about to die salute you!...
- Long live the spirit of Brandeis
- Mobile phones and foreign admirers
- Tsegaye Tadesse gets his windmill
- Breaking news:Court releases major newspaper publi...
- Melkam Fasika
- From lust to survival: how the value and meaning ...
- Once again...On the court
- Andragachew Tsgie and Elias Kifle are guilty, cour...
- Death sentence beckons our heroes
- Breaking news:court ruled defendants to defend the...
- Postponed again
- Scene from Women's Great Run
- Court adjourned for tomorrow
- Ethio-Zagol Post diaries
- ▼ April (36)