A year and 52 days ago, Antony Mitchell, working for the Associated Press, was forced to leave Ethiopia after his impeccable journalistic works angered Ethiopian officials who accused him of "tarnishing the image of the country".
The man who replaced Antony, Leslie Nehaus, is expected to have a less dignified exit from Ethiopia. Leslie who called "some" opposition supporters in DC "scumbags" is forced to resign from AP in connection to the infamous comments. "Forced resignation" is the diplomatic parlance for being " fired".
Last month, he lost his job at the VOA.
- Breaking news: Protesters demand the release of po...
- Talk and truth
- Precedent set
- Postponed again
- Meles and comparative politics
- Blogging for the future
- Blogs disappear again
- The legacy of Meles
- Man tortured to death
- Up the Creek Without a Paddle: Interview with Mele...
- Meles on Somalia...What a dumb dictator!
- Is there something behind the adjournment?
- Breaking news: Court Adjourned again! again!
- Sham trial resumes
- Tomorrow....What will happen?
- New look blog
- The Ethiopian government denies mutilation of its ...
- Are you feeling lucky, punk?
- Mugabe and Meles
- Why the Mediation is failing
- The incredible hypocrisy of the west
- Mediation stalled
- Sad departure for AP reporter
- Blogs unblocked
- Breaking news: OLF behind the destruction of runne...
- A year of blogging
- Siye Abrha's trial adjourned....again!
- Mesfin Woldemariam faces prison sentence in anoth...
- The Meles administration is playing a sly diplomat...
- Was it Al-Qaida's revenge?
- Breaking news: Court adjourned
- Back to the trial and our leaders
- It seems that nobody is believing Eritrea's flat d...
- Is Eritrea involved?
- Is it twelve or five? No one for sure knows the nu...
- Surprising turn of events in the tourists kidnappi...
- There are unconfirmed reports from my sources in A...
- Reuters says the number of the kidnapped tourists ...
- AP has more on the kidnapping story. It puts the ...
- Breaking news: French tourists kidnapped in Ethiopia
- US ambassador working to get political prisoners r...
- ▼ March (43)