The treason and genocide trial of CUD leaders, Civil society leaders and independent journalists will resume tomorrow. Many observers expect that the court will decide whether the prosecution has provided prima facie case against the defendants.
According to this blogger's sources, some EPRDF supporting lawyers and judges including supreme court justice Menbretsehai had in the last two months been working on the case. The judges in charge of the case also from time to time sought advise from the prosecutor.
"The judges aren't the ones who will decide the case. The prosecutors and a panel of lawyers who are close to EPRDF will make the decision based on the political orders of Meles Zenawi, Ethiopia's dictator," one source said. The panel will try to make the decision appear to be reasonable for the international community.
Meqdela, Ethio-Zagol Post's new blogger predicts the decision.
- Breaking news: Protesters demand the release of po...
- Talk and truth
- Precedent set
- Postponed again
- Meles and comparative politics
- Blogging for the future
- Blogs disappear again
- The legacy of Meles
- Man tortured to death
- Up the Creek Without a Paddle: Interview with Mele...
- Meles on Somalia...What a dumb dictator!
- Is there something behind the adjournment?
- Breaking news: Court Adjourned again! again!
- Sham trial resumes
- Tomorrow....What will happen?
- New look blog
- The Ethiopian government denies mutilation of its ...
- Are you feeling lucky, punk?
- Mugabe and Meles
- Why the Mediation is failing
- The incredible hypocrisy of the west
- Mediation stalled
- Sad departure for AP reporter
- Blogs unblocked
- Breaking news: OLF behind the destruction of runne...
- A year of blogging
- Siye Abrha's trial adjourned....again!
- Mesfin Woldemariam faces prison sentence in anoth...
- The Meles administration is playing a sly diplomat...
- Was it Al-Qaida's revenge?
- Breaking news: Court adjourned
- Back to the trial and our leaders
- It seems that nobody is believing Eritrea's flat d...
- Is Eritrea involved?
- Is it twelve or five? No one for sure knows the nu...
- Surprising turn of events in the tourists kidnappi...
- There are unconfirmed reports from my sources in A...
- Reuters says the number of the kidnapped tourists ...
- AP has more on the kidnapping story. It puts the ...
- Breaking news: French tourists kidnapped in Ethiopia
- US ambassador working to get political prisoners r...
- ▼ March (43)